25 Jan 2009

Happy 牛 Year!



Good old CNY, good old CNY... First time spending it away from home, away from family and friends. No firecrackers, no reunion dinners/lunches/gatherings, no ang baos, no need to 拜年, no gluttony, NO HOLIDAY! It's definitely a bit weird and a bit pathetic/sad/nostalgic, but I'm fine I guess. XD

Had dinner yesterday at Grandmother's sister's husband's friend's house... you confused? So am I, what's the term for Grandmother's sister's husband? :P Ate good canto food and brought back some carrot cake! Oh how I love carrot cake!!!

Supposingly it's 除夕 for me now, and I had stuffed flank steak with rice and carrots. Not too bad not too bad but still nothing compared to the food you guys can have in Shanghai/Singapore/Malaysia! :P

Wish everyone a great CNY and an awesome year ahead! <3

No comments: