19 Sept 2008

TGIF!

Sorry I haven't been updating! I've been surprisingly busy!

Went through Freshmen Convocation which I thought really was a waste of time although it's quite symbolic cause I'll be going through the same thing 4 years later. Met another girl from my floor called Anna who is again an ABC, and she lives in Boston! And met other random people. Keynote speaker was JR. Moehringer (yes JR is his name), we were all given his memoir 'The Tender Bar' which has been pretty interesting but I haven't finish it yet. He was really humorous and I enjoyed his speech although maybe half of my mind was worrying about preparing my own speech the next day. So after everything ended I literally dashed for my room cause it was freezing and I also need to do some cramming! But I managed to pull the speech off, somehow. Hope I'll get a good grade! (:

And surprise, surprise, I might actually be learning some stuff in Chinese class. I feel so complacent cause my chinese essay was among the shortest, they all wrote so much! Yeah, a bit guilty :P

Two tests coming up next week for Rhetorical Tradition and Cultural Diversity, which means a lot of revision and reading to do! Frankly, I'm pretty worried. So, although it'll be a sunny weekend this time I don't think I'll be leaving campus.

I think I'm getting addicted to CVS and nail polish. I feel the need to complain about how expensive O.P.I is, it's like $8.50! Okay it's not ridiculously expensive but very expensive compared to other brands. CVS has random discounts for different stuff so I'm going to wait patiently for a sale! Yes yes, cheapskate :D

Today was BBQ meeting with CSA people, we were out in some field out of campus and it got really cold, so I tried to hang out near the fire but this means I probably inhaled a lot of smoke. Free dinner is always nice but I wonder how long it will take for me to loathe hamburgers and hot-dogs. We played some ice-breakers, something like duck duck goose, man aboard, tug-of-war and water balloons! We had this giant man-power catapult thing which was pretty funny, I was trying my best to remain dry and amusing myself by watching the split second rainbow which appears when the water balloons burst. Pretty! (:

Took shuttle back to campus and hanged out with some guys in the game room in O'Connell House which is a few steps from my dorm. Played table tennis, air hockey, foosball, darts, pool, and there's this random antique video game machine! Well, I don't know how I ended up being the only girl there but never mind. There's a piano there too, might try to play something sometime.

I have to say that people are generally nice. It's not too difficult to find acquaintances, but I don't know if that's what I'm looking for. I don't mind being alone, seriously, I like this freedom of being able to go wherever I want at whatever time I want. When I'm with people I'm not familiar with I tend to just go with the flow and forget to think about what I really want. And I suppose I'm also 慢热, and my name is too hard to remember :P

And I probably need to do laundry this week.


Before pictures, I just want to ask a question to see if you people read my posts carefully :P Should I go to HK, Singapore, Japan, Australia, London or somewhere else for Junior year?! I'd love to go back to Singapore but the school is not like NUS or famous. Maybe I'll end up at U of Mel? :D

View from library. Love blue skies!



Freshmen Convocation.






No comments: